This page has a list of corrections to the book "Atomic Force Microscopy". If you notice any more mistakes, please let me know here. That way I can correct them in the next edition!
Important Note: All these errors will be corrected in the upcoming paperback edition. If you know of any more, let me know!
- Page 30 - Equation 2.6: Verr is used in place of Zerr in the first term.
- Page 38 - The last paragraph erroneously refers to equations 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7, where it should be 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9, respectively.
- page 53 - referring to the figure shown below:
In this figure, vertical bending is detected as "(A+B)-(C+D)", i.e. the difference of the top two and bottom two segments. On page 53 the book erroneously says "(A+B)-(C-D)".
- Page 56 - Figure 3.6 Should read: "B-intermittent contact oscillation (large)".
- Page 66 - Legend refers to colours in the image where there are none.
- Page 114 - Section 5.2.4: Three-dimensional views. Should read: "...special glasses to differentiate the left eye's and right eye's views...".
- Page 116 - Table 5.2. The Formula for skewness is incorect. The exponents should be 3, not 4. i.e., as shown below
- Page 164 - Misspelling of "fimbriae" as "fibriae".
Thanks very much to everyone who informed me of these errors!