This page has resources to help use the book "Atomic Force Microscopy" for learning and teaching about AFM.
Here are some quizzes based on the chapters in the book.
- The first quiz is based on Chapter 1 - the introduction to AFM.
- The second quiz is based on chapter 2, which is all about AFM instrumentation, and describes in detail how AFM instruments work:
- The third quiz is all about the different modes and experiments available in AFM:
- The fourth quiz covers the chapter on practical aspects of acquiring AFM images and other data:
- The fifth quiz is about processing, analysis and display of AFM data:
- The sixth and last quiz is about artifacts in AFM images.
I regularly teach AFM courses, which typically feature a mix of lectures and hands-on classes. When there are open classes, they will be announced on the front page of this website. The recurring course in Porto, the Porto AFM Workshop (formerly the Requimte AFM Workshop) is held annually in Porto, Portugal, and is described here.
AFM TEACHING RESOURCES
- AFM Poster - can be a useful aid to show how AFM works in your lab / classroom
- AFM slide - a simple slide showing a schematic of the workings of an AFM