I hope that this page is useful for AFM users, especially those who inherited older instruments that have become spearated
- TT2-AFM manual v2.3 - This .pdf file is the user manual for AFMWorkshop's 2nd gen TT-AFM , i.e. "Table-Top AFM"
- LS-AFM Manual v1.1 - This user manual is for AFMWorkshop's "Life Sciences AFM". This covers the AFM instrument, there may be a separate manual for the optical microscope from AFM Workshop if you have a copy of that one, please send it to me
- HR-AFM Manual - This .pdf file is the user manual for AFMWorkshop's "High Resolution AFM" instrument. Unlike the TT2 manual, it covers use of the v4.x software
- B-AFM Manual v1.0 - This is the user maual for the B-AFM from AFMWorkshop
Asylum Research (now Oxford Instruments)
- MFP 3D User Guide V13 - This is the .pdf file of the user guide for the MFP 3D Bio-AFM from Asylum which was since aquired by Oxford Instruments
- Cypher User Guide - This is the User guide for the Cypher "small sample AFM", from Asylum
- NWS User guide - This is the .pdf file of the user g uide for the NWS (NanoWorkshop) softwar euse dby Nanonics
- MV4000 user guide - This is the user guide (pdf) for theNanonics multiview 4000 AFM/SPM system. These systems are very unusual in supporting multiple probes scanning the sample at the same time (up to four I think).
- Nanoscope Software 6.13 User Guide - This .pdf file is the user manual for the nanoscope software interface for any microscope using a nanoscope controller, i.e. the popular multimode and dimension instruments. This version is compatible with Windows XP latest.
- Multimode Instruction Manual v4.31 - This is a .pdf version of the instruction manual for the multimode microscope. This is based on a rather old version of the software (in DOS windows). Note that for these DI instruments, the controller and microscope have spearate manuals.
JPK (now a part of Bruker)
- Nanowizard User Manual - This .pdf file is the user manual for JPK (now Bruker) Nanowizard bio-AFM instruments. THis covers the version 6.0 software. As far as I know this means instruments up to Nanowizard 4. Covers hardware, control software and analysis functions.
- Agilent 5500 User Guide revB - This .pdf is the user guide for the Agilent 5500 microscope, which I think used to be called the PicoPlus before it becasme an Agilent instrument
A Practical Guide to Scanning Probe Microscopy - This is a .pdf file of the SPM practical guide, which I beleive was first made by TopoMetrix, this is the Thermomicroscopes version. This is a very old document, but contains a lot of helpful information for AFM users, still. Not an instrument manual, it's a simple guide to the general principles of how an AFM works. If you read this and want something more in-depth, I reccomend this book!